The International Conference of Information Commissioners came to Manchester on 20 September 2017. Under the theme Trust, transparency and progressive information rights the conference explored a wide range of issues affecting access to information through FOI, both in the UK and worldwide. Topics included:
- Innovations in access to information
- The future of transparency
- Global models: how well do they work?
- Journalists, access to information and open data
- What are progressive information rights and how do we achieve them?
The 2017 conference was jointly hosted by the UK Information Commissioner Elizabeth Denham and Acting Scottish Information Commissioner Margaret Keyse.